Most often the hotel where you stay defines the mood and quality of your entire journey to a new city or country. Each hotel has its own style, history, temper and vibes, some of them welcome you as their guests, whereas others are purely about business.
I was planning a trip to Hong Kong two years before I finally got a chance to visit this city. At this time, I also researched many hotels and there was one that stood out among the others.
Hong Kong has a lot to offer depending on your budget, from luxury hotels, like the Ritz Carlton to apartments, and boutique hotels to hostels.
When I plan a new trip I prefer staying at boutique hotels, because they usually have a concept and creative design. Their owners collaborate with noted and creative designers and painters, find unusual furniture and dishes and hold art exhibitions. There are usually a lot of small details that make their guests’ stay unique and unforgettable. The J Plus Hotel By Yoo in Hong Kong is a wonderful example of a boutique hotel, so this is where I chose to stay.
With 32 luxurious studios and 24 stylish, spacious suites and collection of designer furniture, the J Plus Hotel By Yoo is a perfect choice for design-oriented and fashion-forward or style-conscious travelers.
Some travel guides say it does not matter in which part of the city you stay and recommend choosing accommodations with a nearby subway station. However, I believe that location is another important criteria. My choice in Hong Kong is Times Square, the heart of the city, where life pulsates.
My stay at J Plus met all my expectations and I loved it for:
- Location, location, location!
- Rooms are spacious. When you are choosing a hotel in Hong Kong you have to remember that almost all of them have rather small rooms, whereas the studios and suites at J Plus are all spacious. Our suite had a bedroom, spacious living room with two sofas, desk, a dining table, and a fully equipped kitchen with a refrigerator.
- Complimentary breakfast included boiled eggs, cheese, sliced sausage, yogurt, fresh vegetables, fruits and bakery.
- The staff was very friendly and always willing to help.
- Your stay includes free additional services such as complimentary wine in the evening, 24-hour tea, coffee, water and juice, free wifi, self-laundry service, access to the gym.
- And there is one more service I have never seen in any other hotel in the world. Each room comes with a free smart phone to use during your stay at J Plus. Your mobile phone comes with unlimited phone calls to China and certain other countries and worldwide Internet access. Have you ever seen so many complimentary services – I haven’t!
- Accommodations are very reasonable and begin at 1500 HKD for 2 persons per night.
Be aware that your credit card will be charged a deposit of 2000 HKD upon arrival.
It is a non-smoking hotel, fines may be applied.
If you share my lifestyle, then I highly recommend staying at J Plus Hotel By Yoo.